This page contains various texts of interest. They are either written by me or taken from snippets of literature, thoughts, philosophy, etc… to share with you the reader.
- This is my mission statement. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My art is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
- My paintings, without me, are useless. Without a statement, I am useless. I must apply my paint true. I must paint truer than those who are trying to beat me. I must apply for competitions and gallery calls before they do. I will…
- My oils and I know that what counts in the art world is not the colors we choose, the choice of linen or canvas, nor the messes we try to make. We know that it is recognition that counts. We will be recognized…
- My art is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as I learn myself. I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its translucency, its solidity, its history and its secrets. I will keep my art and mind full and ready, even as I am full and ready. We will become part of each other. We will…
- (statement inspired by the Rifleman’s Creed)
Before Night Falls
I am that angry and lonely child of always,
That throws you the insult of that angry child of always and warns you:
If hypocritically you pat me on the head
I would take that opportunity to steal your wallet.
I am that child of always
before the panorama of imminent terror,
imminent leprosy, imminent fleas,
of offenses and the imminent crime.
I am that repulsive child that improvises a bed
out of an old cardboard box and walls,
certain that you will accompany me.
Arenas’ Reading from the movie ” Before Night Falls”